Eddisbury Road, Whitby - Theft from Motor Vehicle
THIEVES ARE OPERATING IN YOUR AREA
Between 1am and 6am on Sunday 26th January 2020 entry was gained into a Peugeot 107, possibly via an insecure boot.
A Crewe Alexandra training kit, with the initials 'BJ' in red and black, towrope, jump leads, air compressor and mobile phone charger were taken.
If you live in this area and have any CCTV or dash Cam footage, please can you check it for anything of relevance around this time and get back to us.
This can be done by calling 101 or via https://cheshire.police.uk/contact/general-enquiries
Please quote IML 621401 in any response.
Many thefts are committed by opportunists. By taking simple measures to protect your property you can prevent becoming a victim of crime.
· Car Alarms – Although they cannot physically prevent the theft of or from your vehicle they are a powerful deterrent. Some alarms can also come with an alerting system if they are activated.
· Steering locks / gearstick & handbrake locks – Although not impenetrable it increases the time taken to steal a car. They can also be a visual deterrent so criminals may move on to find an easier target.
· Secure Parking - If your home has a driveway, or better still a garage, then use it. Cars parked off the road are far less likely to be stolen than those parked on the road. If not try to park in a well-lit area.
· Hide valuables – DON’T leave items on display. Ensure any items of value are removed from the vehicle or hidden out of site.
· LOCK YOUR CAR – Always check windows / doors / sunroofs are secure before leaving your vehicle, even if you are doing so for a very short while.