Runcorn Local Policing Unit, Norton North
Crime update –
- Attempt burglary dwelling on Baxter Close. Unknown offenders have tried and failed to prize open a front door with an item (possibly a crowbar). CSI team has attended location.
ASB/criminal damage –
- Youths lighting fires on canal bank off Plover Drive, this was a single report with no lines of enquiry.
- Large groups of youths drinking on Town Park, this was down to a school leaver’s party. Patrols attended and the group dispersed.
- Window of a property smashed on Littlebourne by unknown means. No CCTV or witnesses.
- Reports of ASB at Murdishaw Community Centre. Local youths of the park disrupting groups at the centre and trying to set off the alarm system. CCTV will be reviewed and any youths identified will be spoken to and placed on the ASB pathway.
*During the school holidays please try to ensure that you know where your children are and what they are doing to avoid incidents such as above.
Suspicious activity –
- Large white box van with Romanian number plates reported as acting suspiciously in the Seaford Close area, suggesting the occupants were looking up peoples driveways.
- 2 vans on Eanleywood Lane unloading item from 1 into the other. Checks made on vehicles, no reports, not believed to be linked to any crime in the area.
Roads Policing –
- A large number of calls for loose sheep in the highway from Red Brow Lane, this is due to the livestock fence being damaged. All animals have returned to their fields and the gate has now been secured.
- Minor RTC on Sextant Close, no injurues.
Community information –
- Police have attended and supported the 40th Anniversary School Fete at Gorsewood Primary School, we engaged with lots of local children showing them the police car, police uniform and allowing the children to have their fingerprints stamped on a card which they can take home along with colouring activities.
- On Tuesday 31st July I will be attending the Lunch Bunch dementia and Alzheimer’s group at Murdishaw community centre to talk about The Herbert Protocol and deliver emergency information packs to the users of the group.
*if you or anybody you know suffer from dementia/Alzheimer’s and you would like more information on The Herbert Protocol feel free to contact on the e-mail address at the foot of this page.*
- Murdishaw summer fete is coming up on Wednesday 15th August – see below.
Upcoming Police surgeries to be held at Murdishaw Community Centre –
Thursday 2nd August 2018 – 12:00-13:00hrs
Wednesday 8th August 2018 – 17:00-18:00hrs
Thursday 16th August 2018 – 17:00-18:00hrs
Wednesday 22nd August 2018 – 12:00-13:00hrs
Wednesday 29th August 2018 – 17:00-18:00hrs
Home Watch -
If any members of Cheshire Alert would like to set-up and become a coordinator of a watch scheme then we as the police will offer support and advice in any way we can, my e-mail is attached at the bottom of this newsletter and I look forward to hearing from anyone who wishes to set-up a scheme that we can get involved with.
Alternatively follow this link - https://www.ourwatch.org.uk/
Norton North Beat Team –
Norton North Police
Runcorn Police Station
PCSO Chris McCue firstname.lastname@example.org