Distraction Burglary - Princes Road, Ellesmere Port
A distraction burglary occurred yesterday, Thursday 17th May 2018 at approximately 2.40pm at a property in Princes Road. An unknown male entered the property via an insecure door. The resident disturbed the male at the top of the stairs and he left empty handed.
The male offender was described as a white male, approx. 40 years of age, heavy set, wearing a blue t-shirt and possibly shorts.
A neighbour witnessed the male arriving and leaving in a white Citroen van which was being driven by a younger male, who was described as white with short hair. The van had been seen earlier with the occupants calling at houses to ask if residents had wanted their gutters cleaning.
Please call 101 if you have any information that you think may be of relevance to this incident, quoting 18100142279.
Please ensure your property is secure and that you remain vigilant.
Many burglars are opportunists, so taking appropriate steps both in and around your home will help prevent you becoming a victim of crime.
For further crime prevention advice check www.cheshire.police.uk
· Use automatic timers to switch on lights when you are out.
· Fit outdoor lights with movement sensors.
· Keep valuables out of sight of windows.
· Close and lock all doors/windows when you go out - removing keys.
· Keep keys out of sight.
· Lock all side and rear gates.
· Have an alarm fitted and make sure it is working correctly.