26 November 2018
There will be changes to Cheshire West and Chester Council’s libraries opening times during the festive period.
The Council’s Cabinet Member for Health and Wellbeing, Councillor Louise Gittins said: “Some libraries across the authority will be open across the festive period but don’t forget that you can search, reserve and renew items on-line, at any time of the day or night, on the council website. You can also find out more about the wide range of free eResources available. A 24-hour telephone line for renewals is available too, by calling 0300 123 7739.”
- Saturday 22 December 2018: all libraries open as usual
- Sunday 23 December: Storyhouse open as usual
- Monday 24 December 2018 Storyhouse open until 5pm. All other libraries closed.
- Tuesday 25 December 2018: Bank holiday, all libraries closed
- Wednesday 26 December 2018: Bank Holiday. Storyhouse open 10am to 4pm. All other libraries closed.
- Thursday 27 December 2018: Storyhouse open 8.30am to 7pm, Ellesmere Port, Neston, Northwich, Winsford open 9am to 5pm. Frodsham open 9am to 4pm. All other libraries closed
- Friday 28 December 2018: Storyhouse open 8.30am to 7pm, Ellesmere Port, Neston, Northwich, Winsford open 9am to 5pm. Frodsham open 9am to 4pm. All other libraries closed.
- Saturday 29 December 2018: all libraries open as usual, except Hoole and Malpas which will be closed
- Sunday 30 December 2018: Storyhouse open as usual.
- Monday 31 December 2018: All libraries open as usual but will close at 5pm. Frodsham, Hoole and Malpas will be closed.
- Tuesday 1 January 2019: Bank Holiday. All libraries closed
- Wednesday 2 January 2019: All libraries open as usual, except Hoole Library which re-opens on 3 January 2019 and Malpas Library which re-opens on 8 January 2019
In addition there will be staff from the Council’s Customer Services Team in Ellesmere Port Library and Wyvern House, Winsford on Thursday 27, Friday 28 and Monday 31 December offering limited council information and services.
For more information visit www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/libraries. You can also follow Cheshire West and Chester Council’s Libraries Service on Facebook or Twitter.
Discuss this article
Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).
The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to email@example.com
The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service. The System Administrators make no guarantee, endorsement and accept no liability, regarding the discussion service above, including, but not limited to, its availability, accuracy, currency, content, quality or lack of objectionable or offensive content.